Play Kitchen Make-over

July 8, 2013


The Play Kitchen Makeover is moving right along and under budget thanks to the STL Habitat For Humanity Restore. I've done most of the work myself, but as usual my hubby pitched in too. There are a couple of things that I wanted to add and I needed his wood working skills, which really just consisted of him cutting a few pieces of wood. As usual he says I'm going overboard, doing too much, acting like our kids are going to prepare a real meal in this play kitchen. Well his exact words were, "If there was a more complicated way to do things, you'd choose it. In fact you excel at finding complicated way of doing things." Compliment accepted!

Here's my progress so far...

Safety First!

Hair protection, safety goggles, mask, Ready!

Prepping


Removed all the hardware and gross contact paper

Sanding

Lightly sanded all the surfaces to prepare for paint.

Painting

Applied two coats of paint.

Finishing Touches

All that is left to do is install hardware and
I decided to do a hand painted design to the cabinets.
There are a few other surprise additions to this project.

There's one more addition that I had to have. Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment